How to get to Bibione
By Car,by train or by plane
Bibione is in an accessible location that is easy to reach quickly from both Northern and Eastern Europe.
- From the west – Take the Autostrada (Motorway) A4 from Venice in the direction of Trieste – the suggested exit is Portogruaro; once past the toll booth, follow the signs for Bibione, which is about 25 km away.
- From the east – Taking Autostrada A23 from Tarvisio in the direction of Udine/Venice – the suggested exit is Latisana; once past the toll booth, follow the signs for Lignano Sabbiadoro to the Picchi resort, where you will find signs at the roundabout leading to Bibione. Motorways A4 and A23 are connected to the main European motorway junctions.
You can easily get to Bibione by train; the two closest railway stations are:
- Portogruaro, coming from Venice
- Latisana, coming from Trieste
Both stations are right next to the regional bus service and there is also taxi service from both.
For schedules and connexions, visit www.trenitalia.it www.trenitalia.it
Bibione can be reached directly by bus, leaving from the bus stations in Venice, Treviso and Udine, thanks to the service provided by the public transportation company ATVO. Schedules and connexions at ATVO.
Bibione is accessible from the national and international airports in Venice, Treviso and Ronchi dei Legionari (Friuli Venezia Giulia).
- The Venice Airport is about 80 km from Bibione;
- The Treviso Airport is about 90 km from Bibione (airport temporarily closed);
- The Ronchi dei Legionari/Trieste Airport is about 55 km from Bibione.
To get to Bibione from the airports in Venice and Treviso:
- By Bus: the bus service company ATVO offers a connecting service between the Venice and Treviso Airports to the Bibione beach. Here you’ll find the timetable.
- By Train: from the Venice Airport, there is a Shuttle Bus service directly to Bibione and to the Mestre-Venice Railway Station, where you can take the train to Bibione. The most convenient arrival stations are Portogruaro or Latisana.