Young and talented artists will have the opportunity to compete in our seaside resort in spring: the X edition of the “Rino Benedet” International Organ Competition, organized by the Parish of Santa Maria Assunta in Bibione in collaboration with the Diocese of Concordia-Pordenone and the Udinese Organ Academy Cultural Association, has been scheduled.
The aim of the competition is to award prizes, scholarships and the possibility of performances at important music festivals to young organists, both sexes and of any nationality who, divided into two categories, will play the organ “Francesco Zanin” (2013) at the Parish Church in via Antares 18 in Bibione from 16th to 19th May 2023. These are the categories:
- A / born after 1st January 2003
- B / born after 1st January 1993.
For the first category, a maximum of 15 candidates are expected, who will perform in a single test, while category B will have a maximum of 10 candidates to try their hand at an eliminatory test and a final test, which will be held in the form of a public concert:
- Friday, 19th May at 8:30 pm with maximum 3 competitors.
On this occasion, the public present for the entire duration of the test will be able to vote and assign the Special Audience Award.
The competition jury will be chaired by Maestro Krzysztof Lukas (Poland), assisted by Maestri Antonio Colasurdo, Giovanni Feltrin, Daniele Toffolo and Matteo Venturini. The jury secretary will be Maestro Beppino Delle Vedove.
Scholarship owners of Cat. A and the winner of the First Prize of Cat. B will be invited to give a concert on occasion of several organ seasons, in particular:
- winners Cat. A: XIV “G.B. Candotti” International Friulian Organ Festival 2022-23
- winners Cat. B:
- 2024 Santa Maria Assunta Concert Season in Bibione
- XV “G.B. Candotti” International Friulian Organ Festival
- “Altolivenza Festival Giovani”
- Association Amici della Musica “Walter Angelis” in Campobasso.