From 26th August to 9th September, the 40th edition of the International Music Festival will be held in Portogruaro (Ve), which for 2022 will have the title “Specchi” (=mirrors) to encourage people to reflect on music as a detector of what is unknown, as an experience that reflects the signs of the past and present and prefigures the future.
The program will be very rich: 40 concerts, over 60 soloists, 5 orchestral groups with some of the great names of today’s concerts, which will animate the whole territory of Eastern Veneto. There are also many previews of “Aspettando il Festival” (=waiting for the festival), with performances that starting from 13th July will touch the most evocative places of Portogruaro and beyond.
The artistic direction has been entrusted also this year to Alessandro Taverna, an internationally renowned pianist and a figure of undoubted cultural depth. The program also features the celebration of historical figures linked to the territory (primarily Luigi Russolo, 75 years after his death), the renewed attention to the new generation of concert performers and the works of contemporary composers. Among the main guest artists: Uto Ughi with the Virtuosi Italiani, the Philharmonic of Scala, the Perugia Chamber Orchestra with the Parma Trio, the Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra, the Wind Quintet of the National Academy of Santa Cecilia, the violinist Francesca Dego and many others, including young new concert players.
The places appointed for the concerts will be the “Luigi Russolo” Municipal Theatre but also churches, squares, palaces and villas of the nearby municipalities:
- Portogruaro, Caserma Capitò
- Portogruaro, Chiesa di San Giovanni
- Portogruaro, Chiesa di San Luigi
- Portogruaro, Giardino di Palazzo Altan Venanzio
- Portogruaro, Museo Nazionale Concordiese
- Portogruaro, Piazza della Repubblica
- Portogruaro, Sala delle Colonne del Collegio Marconi
- Annone Veneto, Chiesa Vecchia di San Vitale
- Bagnara di Gruaro, Chiesa Parrocchiale
- Belfiore di Pramaggiore, Parco del Mulino
- Bibione, Piazza Treviso e Chiesa di S. Maria Assunta
- Biverone di San Stino di Livenza, Villa Correr Agazzi
- Caorle, Duomo di Santo Stefano Protomartire e Piazza Vescovado
- Cintello di Teglio Veneto, Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista
- Concordia Sagittaria, Area Archeologica – Basilica Paleocristiana
- Fossalta di Portogruaro, Chiesa di San Zenone
- San Vito al Tagliamento, Corte del Castello
- Settimo di Cinto Caomaggiore, Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista
- Summaga di Portogruaro, Abbazia
- Teglio Veneto, Chiesa di San Giorgio Martire.
The Masterclasses are also confirmed, from 3rd August to 9th September, with over 30 sessions, demonstrating the festival’s interest in new young concert performers and promising students, and also the “Penombre”, traditional musicological in-depth meetings accompanied by tastings of local wines.
But that’s not all: at the end of the festival there is also an extraordinary concert:
- Friday, 7th October at 9 pm in San Stino di Livenza, at Dal Ben S.p.A. with the Wind Orchestra from Portogruaro conducted by Maestro Mauro Valente and with Alessandro Taverna at the piano: “Tra Hollywood e Broadway” (=Between Hollywood and Broadway), with music by Bernstein, Gershwin, Morricone, Shore, Zimmer (free admission upon reservation).
The festival is organized by Santa Cecilia Music Foundation of Portogruaro.
Please note that the concerts require a reservation.
Here you can view and download the complete calendar with all the appointments.
For further information and reservations:
Tel. +39 0421 270069 (from 5 to 6 pm, on the opening dates of the ticket office)
Online tickets: www.festivalportogruaro.it – www.vivaticket.com
Known as the “little Venice on terra firma”, it is located just less than 30 km from our seaside resort, at the right distance for an excursion out of town to discover its arcades, ancient medieval and Renaissance buildings, its elegant shops, the taverns and the fine restaurants. There are numerous initiatives that the City on Lemene promotes throughout the year, and the International Music Festival is one of the best known.