Saturday, 24th June at 5.30 pm there will be the reopening of Bibione’s Lighthouse, one of the symbol places of the seaside town. After the inauguration, people can visit it every day until the month of September from 7 am to 7 pm.

The ceremony consists of a first part of institutional greetings, then the cutting of the ribbon in the presence of the high offices of the Municipality of San Michele al Tagliamento.

On the same day, there will be the inauguration of the photographic exhibition realized by Patrick Odorizzi with the title “Mare Cielo TerraImmagini del Territorio di San Michele al Tagliamento” (Sea Sky Earth – images of the territory of San Michele al Tagliamento). Here the images by the photographer will show us this territory with different eyes, from its inland to the border with Friuli, to the mouth on the Adriatic Sea. The exhibition will be visible every day until the 10th September from 8 am to 6 pm.

Thanks to the breakwaters surrounding the area, the lighthouse has managed to maintain its suggestive charm intact over the time. Destroyed in 1917 in a bombardment during the First World War, it was immediately rebuilt; in 1952 it was reached by electricity and since 1973 its lights are automatically on.

Its tower, 21 meters high, is visible up to a distance of 15 miles from the coast.


The recent restoration works consisted of a general renovation of the complex, with the creation of spaces for cultural activities, an exhibition area and an office for marital status that allows also the celebration of weddings.

There are many proposals that allow visitors to appreciate this authentic “pearl”, for example:

The lighthouse can be reached exclusively by feet or by bike starting from any point of the cycle track on the seafront that connects it to Bibione Pineda. For those who want to reach it by feet instead the nearest parking places are those of via Procione or of Piazzale Zenith.