On Saturday, 27th October we are given a great opportunity: it is scheduled in fact a guided tour of the Basilica of Aquileia, a real excursion on the route of the patriarchs.
The afternoon program is as follows:
- 2:30 pm – departure from Portogruaro by bus and arrival in Aquileia
- Visit to the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta, with mosaics and medieval crypt
- Visit the Heroes’ Cemetery and historical notes on href=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celso_Benigno_Luigi_Costantini”>Celso Costantini, priest of Aquileia during the Great War
- Visit to the Roman Forum area
- 7:30 pm – arrival in Portogruaro and pasta together at the headquarters of the Enoclub.
The total duration of the excursion is 5 hours; the price is Euro 30,00 per person and includes tour guide, coach, audio guide and final pasta.
Aquileia is located about 50 minutes by car from Bibione; Roman colony founded in 181 B.C., together with Ravenna and Brescia is the most important archaeological site of northern Italy, and with Cividale del Friuli and Udine was one of the historical capitals of Friuli.
The current archaeological area is a UNESCO World Heritage site, while in the Cripta degli Scavi (crypt) inside the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta It is possible to admire wonderful mosaics. What better opportunity then to immerse yourself in the vast sea of Roman and Paleo-Christian art of Aquileia!
For info and booking:
tel. +39 339 2906377