From 26th August to 9th September, the 39th edition of the International Music Festival will be held in Portogruaro (Ve), which for 2021 will have the title “Ouverture”, in the name of a new rebirth and renewed courage.
Particular attention will be paid to the many music, historical and cultural anniversaries that dot 2021 (from the foundation of Venice to the birth of the Republic, from Stravinskij to Piazzolla), with a calendar of about 40 concerts entrusted to the main Italian protagonists of the current scene. Most of the guests are from the “under 40” generation and great attention is given to the female component, with many young female soloists.
The artistic direction has been entrusted from this year to Alessandro Taverna, an internationally renowned pianist and a figure of undoubted cultural depth. Among the main guest artists: the pianist Mariangela Vacatello, the Trio di Parma, the Tuscany Orchestra with the violinist Francesca Dego and the direction of Daniel Smith, the Quartetto Prometeo, the Italian Youth Orchestra with Pier Carlo Orizio, the Banda of Carabinieri, the Orchestra of Padua and Veneto with the violinist Anna Tifu and the direction of Marco Angius.
The places appointed for the concerts will be the “Luigi Russolo” Municipal Theatre but also churches, squares, palaces and villas of the nearby municipalities:
- Portogruaro, Council Chamber of the Town Hall
- Portogruaro, Sala delle Colonne of Collegio Marconi
- Portogruaro, Piazza della Repubblica
- Caorle, Duomo di Santo Stefano Protomartire
- Annone Veneto, Chiesa Vecchia di San Vitale
- Concordia Sagittaria, Cattedrale di Santo Stefano Protomartire
- Settimo di Cinto Caomaggiore, Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista
- Teglio Veneto, Chiesa di San Giorgio Martire
- Biverone di San Stino di Livenza, Villa Correr Agazzi.
The Masterclasses are also confirmed, from 2nd August to 8th September, demonstrating the interest of the festival for new young concert performers and promising students, and a series of conferences.
But that’s not all: at the end of the Festival there are also 3 extraordinary concerts:
- Monday, 13th September at 9 pm, Villa Comunale di Portogruaro – I Solisti Veneti (admission by invitation)
- Friday, 24th September at 9 pm, Municipal Theatre L. Russolo in Portogruaro – I Virtuosi Italiani (free admission upon reservation)
- Friday, 1st October at 9 pm, Cattedrale di Santo Stefano Protomartire di Concordia Sagittaria – Cappella Musicale Pontificia Sistina (free admission upon reservation).
The Festival is organized by Santa Cecilia Music Foundation of Portogruaro.
Please note that the concerts require a reservation and presentation of the Green Pass (even those with free admission).
Here you can view and download the complete calendar with all the appointments.
For further information and reservations:
Tel. +39 0421 270069 (from 5 to 6 pm, from Monday to Friday)
Purchase of concert tickets for a fee: from 20th August at the Theater box office, every day from 6 to 8 pm; on concert evenings in the theatre, from 6 pm to 9 pm.
Known as the “little Venice on terra firma”, it is located just less than 30 km from our seaside resort, at the right distance for an excursion out of town to discover its arcades, ancient medieval and Renaissance buildings, its elegant shops, the taverns and the fine restaurants. There are numerous initiatives that the City on Lemene promotes throughout the year, and the International Music Festival is one of the best known.